Rising popularity of Spanish and its influence on job market in India
When we say Spanish, the first thing that comes to our mind is Despacito. The Spanish pop hit by Spanish singer Louis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee released in 2017, it received record-breaking love and appreciation making it worlds highly viewed musical video on YouTube till date. Scroll down to know more about the popularity of Spanish.
So why learn Spanish ?
The most important reason being, it is the third most widely spoken language after English, Mandarin. Spanish is also one of the six official languages of UNESCO alongside Russian, English, Chinese, Arabic, and French.
If we see Spain as a country, it has a very rich cultural diversity. From exquisite cuisine to its vivid architecture and soul touching literature add onto its beauty.
Fluency in Spanish is important for anyone considering a career in an international organization, since emerging European trade in the global market.
Let’s now see its influence on the job market in India and around the globe
1. Be a Spanish tourist and travel across Europe
- Post-pandemic we see many restrictions in stride on tourism industry, yet that does not stop people from travelling. With borders opening up slowly for tourists there will be demand for Spanish speakers all over India.
- Understanding of Spanish is a great value add to your resume in the ever-growing travel and the tourism industry.
2. Need of Spanish tutor or English tutor to native Spanish speakers.
- Are you good at teaching? If so, tutoring is the right job for you.
- With increasing demand for Spanish speakers, you can start teaching on your own or there are many private institutions that are looking for Spanish trainers for their corporate and professional courses.
- If you are also good at English, you can also teach English to Spanish speakers. You can register yourself in platforms that is in need of English tutors to native speakers of Spanish.
- The salary depends on your experience, profile, academic qualifications and other aspects of this domain.
3. Become a Spanish translator and interpreter
- Though there are many translation software, that can never replace any human beings. Human translators and interpreter are much more reliable, effective and the ‘personal’ touch will always beat any technology.
- That’s why a career as a Spanish translator or interpreter is in high demand. And a job that pays well everywhere.
- To be an acknowledged translator or Interpreter in India, you will need near-native proficiency in both Spanish and the source language.
4. Get employed in BPO, KPO, MNC and Call centers
- In the expanding economy, there are immense demand for Spanish speakers in BPO, KPO and in some of the IT industries.
- A Diploma or an Advanced Diploma in Spanish from any University, B1 or B2 of DELE or SIELE is enough.
5. Be a part of Export and Import Businesses
- There will be expansion of trade between Latin countries and India, with this growing business many Spanish-speaking regions will specifically seek bilateral cooperation with India. Thus, the chances of finding a job as a Spanish speaker will land you in a better position with an attractive package.
- On the other hand, many Spanish countries are setting their regional offices in India as well as, many Indian companies are expanding their businesses in European markets and United States.
- Therefore, the need for Spanish speakers has increased tremendously in recent times.
- Whether it is Spanish or any other languages, the demand for multilingual speakers will be high in demand be it India or any countries for that matter. According to Austrian philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein, “the limits of my language are the limits of my universe.”